GETTING TO THE HOTEL: THIS IS THE WAY.
About your transfer from & to the Airport or Port
Suggestions for our guests who wish to arrive in a rental car
How to find your way to the hotel
When you firstly arrive, finding the way to the Old Town and the right Gate can be confusing.
We suggest that upon arrival you get a taxi. This will be the fastest and easiest way to get to the hotel.
It can be done in 2 ways:
1. Have a taxi arranged to pick you up at the terminal and bring you to our doorstep.
The fare is €36 (airport) or €17 (port), payable to the driver. Prices include 45min. waiting time (in case of a delayed arrival) and driving to our doorstep INSIDE the Old Town .
The driver (licensed to drive in the Old town) will be at the arrival gate with your name on a sign and help you with your luggage.
To have this service and avoid a possible mix-up, please contact CHRISTOS directly.
He is a taxi owner-driver, who leads a small group of selected colleagues.
You need to contact him at least 48 hours prior to your arrival with all necessary details: name, mobile phone number, flight number / name of ferry, origin, arrival time.
Email: [email protected] Mobile: +30 6946103929
We strongly recommend this kind of transfer, which, most of the times, is well worth the price difference.
NOTE: Taxis in Rhodes are not equipped to accept credit cards. If you don't have cash when you arrive, we will gladly pay the driver for you.
2. Get one of the taxis found at the terminal. They charge €25 (airport) and €10 (port).
You may have to wait in line for a while, if there are many arrivals at the same time. These are perfectly good taxis, but DON'T DRIVE INSIDE THE OLD TOWN. You will be dropped off at St. John’s Gate, 120m from the hotel.
It is an easy walk, especially if your luggage is light or has wheels.
PLEASE NOTE: If you arrive on a ferry or a yacht, it may NOT be necessary to take a taxi:
You will disembark at a distance of 900m to 1.200m from the hotel.
If the day is not too hot and your luggage not too heavy, you can walk through the Old Town, entering from the gate nearest where your ferry dropped you off.
- BUSES connecting the airport and Rhodes Town travel almost every half hour. A one-way ticket costs €2.60. The bus stop is 300m from the terminal. Journey time to the city of Rhodes is around 40 minutes. HOWEVER, from the bus station you will need to walk to the hotel (20 min, 1.5 km) or take a taxi to St. John’s Gate (€5). Finding a taxi can be challenging during the tourist season.
- No buses run from the port to the hotel.
We strongly advise you AGAINST this kind of transfer.
- TO OUR GUESTS WHO WISH TO ARRIVE IN A RENTAL CAR
Although we encourage all our guests to rent cars as the best and easiest way to enjoy more of what Rhodes has to offer, at the same time, we let them know that:
- picking a car up at the port or the airport and driving to the hotel is unnecessary and can be frustrating.
- dropping it off there, depending on the time of your departure, can be a very good idea.
Some of the reasons are:
Almost none of our guests use a car during their first (or even second) day in Rhodes. They prefer to explore the Old Town, before visiting other places on the island.
Driving to the Old Town and finding the right Gate when you firstly arrive, may be complicated. Everything will be much easier and familiar the second day.
If your departure is in the afternoon or evening, you can check-out after breakfast, put your luggage in the car, go to places you have saved for the last day and drop the car off before departure. Your last day will be much more interesting and you will save the cost of a taxi transfer to the airport.
As soon as you decide that you actually need to rent a car, we can ask a company of your choice to deliver one at the hotel.
Please note that driving your car into the Old Town is not allowed.
Our guests' cars need to be parked outside the Old Town, next to the Gate of St. John (or “KÓKKINI PORTA”). Parking there is free and safe.
Our Hotel is 120m from the GATE OF St. JOHN or "KÓKKINI PORTA", as the locals call it.
KÓKKINI PORTA ROSSA is a building with a roofed balcony and a red door that can't be missed.
OR, if you are already staying with us,
- press the "BACK TO THE HOTEL" button on our tablet
Don’t hesitate to email or call us on (0030) 6945953895 or (0030) 22410 75114 about anything that will make your vacation better.
See you soon